18/07/2017

The 13th Doctor announced



So this weekend the 13th doctor was announced. I was waiting for that for a long time like most of you. 


So the fact that the next doctor might be a woman was hinted for a long time. In fact, from the Missy reveal, there was hint after hint announcing that the next doctor or one in the future might be a woman. 

It is indeed a risky move that might be a subject for controversy. A risky move but handled with care. To be honest, we all saw it coming. It would have been weird after all these hints not to go that road. I think it was planned for quite some time now. If they didn’t intend to choose a woman, they wouldn’t have teased this possibility so much. 

The public reactions are mixed obviously. A lot of angry people don’t see a woman as the doctor. I understand that it is a lot to take in but it is a bold choice that I am curious to see happening.  I saw a lot of fans who seemed very angry or sad. I saw comments like “it’s gonna be Nurse who, not Doctor Who!” or other very stupid comments that made me a little bit angry. There were also comments from people that explained why it didn’t make sense for them and I respected that. 

My opinion :  Like I said, I am curious to see what is going to look like. The change, the humor it can trigger. Some people were actually a little concerned that the gender would be too much central to the humor and they might use it too much. I hope not, but I got to say that it is a legitimate concern. Obviously, I am not one of these pissed off people. I am actually excited to see it even if I am going to miss Peter Capaldi for sure. 

The next doctor will be played by Jodie Whittaker. She was on Broadchurch with our tenth Doctor actually, David Tennant. I didn’t watch the show so far but I actually watched the first episode to see Jodie Whittaker and she is a good actress. But Broadchurch is a dramatic show so I don’t know how she is for the humor part. But overall I am excited to see the first Lady Doctor.  

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire